Customer-based discount using Retail Periodic discounts in Dynamics AX for Retail R3
Hi Guys, Its been a long time since I have written a new blog. So I though of staring with something light. I have seen many people exploring the possibilities of the Retail Periodic discounts and the challenges and limitations associated with it. There was a question regarding the Customer based discount on retail POS using the Retail Periodic discount. So I thought of writing a blog post to explain in a better way how to configure a Customer based retail Periodic discount. So first lets start with the basics –
Retail Periodic discount
What is Retail Periodic discount? This term might be new to some people but Retail periodic discounts are nothing but the Discounts configured in the Retail module which are as follows:
- Mix and match discounts
- Quantity discounts
- Threshold discounts
- Price adjustments
The path is as follows : Retail >> Common >> Pricing and discounts
Affiliations are useful when the retail stores give discounts to a particular group of customers that are affiliated with your Retail store. These can be considered as the discounts to the Loyal customers to provide extra benefit to them.
To set up affiliations first we need to create a price group, follow these steps:
- Go to Retail > Setup > Pricing and discounts > Price groups.
- In the Price groups form, click New to create a new price group.
- Select the Retail check box if the price group is exclusively a retail price group. These price groups are only available for retail-specific discounts.
- In this illustration, I have created a Price group “CBased”. You can use some other names which is more relevant to your Discount.
Once the price group is created, it is time to create an affiliation and attach it to the price group. Follow these steps:
- Click Retail > Setup > Pricing and discounts > Affiliations.
- In the Affiliations form, click New.
- Enter a name and a description for the affiliation.
- Click Price groups.
- In the Affiliation price groups form, click Add, and then in the Price group column, select the price group that you created above.
Mix and Match discount
In this I will take example from Mix and Match discount. You can configure any type of Retail periodic discount. This procedure works for all type.
In my earlier blog I have explained the configuration of BOGO free discount using Mix and Match discount. Follow the same blog to create a discount – (https://sumitnarayanpotbhare.wordpress.com/2014/08/01/configure-buy-one-get-one-free-bogo-offer-in-ax-2012-retail/). However you can create another discount type such as % off or amount off.
Now assign the above created Price group to the Discount.
Now go to the Customer form, select the customer and click on retail action pane. Click on Affiliation and select the affiliation created above. Now the discount will be triggered only for this Customer. This makes it a customer based discount. Run the scheduler jobs 1020,1010,1050 and the try it on POS.
Do comment if you face any difficulty in applying this.