AX 2012 R3 | Statement Posting| Part I: Introduction and Setup
Hi Guys, I hope you are keeping up with RetailDAXing. This blog is my another effort for sharing information about the most important part in the Retail module which is Statement Posting. I have kept this in multiple parts for better understanding.
In this blog, we will go through some Introduction and setups required to drive Statement posting.
What is Statement?
- Retail documents that contain a collection of inventory and financial transactions from POS for a given store over a specified period of time.
- Transactions can be posted in detail or aggregated.
- Posting of a statement will create and invoice Sales orders, create payment journals and settle against the Sales invoice.
- Provides consistent tracking and referencing of sales across channels
- Retail transactions are pulled into AX using the CDX Scheduler.
- Uploaded transactional data is stored within the AX database in Retail transaction tables.
- Users can view details of the uploaded data using the Transactions inquiry. (Navigation: Retail >> Inquiries >> Retail store transactions)
Assign an Organization purpose to the hierarchy
After creating a hierarchy, add purpose to it. The purpose determines the types of organizations that can be included in the hierarchy. You need to define Retail POS posting purpose to your organization hierarchy. You wont be able to perform Calculation and Posting in batch if this purpose is not defined.
In the Statement section, setup the Statement method for the Retail Store that are used at the time of Statement postings. The options available for the Statement method are :
- Staff : Clubs the transaction line according to payment method and staff combination.
- POS terminal : Clubs the transaction line according to payment method and POS registers.
- Total : Clubs the transaction line according to payment method.
- Shift : Clubs the transaction line according to payment method and closed shift of each staff.
In the Closing section, The options available for the Closing method are :
- Date and time : When the Retail statement is calculated, it includes all the transaction between the time interval defined in the Retail statement irrespective of the shifts is closed or not.
- Shift : When the Retail statement is calculated, it includes the transaction for a particular shift that was closed during the time interval defined in the Retail statement.
In the Rounding section, set the Maximum rounding amount that will posted to the ledger account setup in the Rounding account. The Maximum rounding amount is the sum of all the rounding for all POS transactions.
In the Maximum difference section,
- Posting : Maximum posting difference of the entire statement during statement posting.
- Shift Maximum posting difference when a particular shift is posted during statement posting.
- Transaction : Maximum posting difference of the transaction during statement posting.
Most Retailer have the Retail store open past midnight for another few hours. The Retail store transactions that are posted past midnight are considered as the next day posting date. This causes reconciliation and year end closing problems. Considering this scenario, now you can setup your End time of the Business day that can be past midnight on the next day provided the Post as business day is selected.
Although this seems to be a nice feature to the Retail statement posting but you should take utmost care during the configuration because it can go wrong as explained below :
If you set your End of business day to 3pm and select the Post as business day, then the Retail statement posting consider that your business day ends at 3pm the next day and if the transaction is performed between 9am and 3pm (Suppose on 1st April), then it will be posted with the previous date(31st March). It is recommended that if your store does not function past midnight then do not configure this function.
Split by Statement method creates a separate statement for the value setup in the statement method.
Both the physical and financial negative inventory should be checked. This is because sometime, your Retailer update the stock physically in system sometimes later but allows to sell at store once it arrives. If you keep it uncheck, then statement posting will be interrupted for items with no stock.
Storage dimensions (Location, Pallet ID)
Set the default location and pallet ID (if applicable) for the Retail products.
We will continue this blog in my Part II of Statement posting series.
Feel free to reach out for any clarifications. If you like my blog posts then comment and subscribe to the blogs.